Fans of feathers, colors, and folklore influences will be head-over-fringed boot for this Boho Christmas design sheet! We’re sharing ideas and shopping tips for anyone who’s looking for an alternative holiday decor theme this year. Changing up your Christmas decorations to match your tastes and style allows you to incorporate your favorites while adding some new sparkle! It gets boring to put up the same decor in the same places every year, so here’s a few ideas for adding some bohemian love into your holiday. And this bright style is anything but boring!
From left to right and top to bottom, here’s our favorite Boho Christmas decorating ideas:
- Colorful Stockings hung by the chimney with care will set the scene for a boho Christmas so beautifully! Mixing and matching colors works best, plus you’ll never have to worry about finding matching stockings years later if your family grows.
- No traditional red and green presents under your fab tree. Instead enjoy some wild, beautiful papers like this Feather Wrapping Paper.
- Embracing bright colors makes for a very boho holiday! You can make Turquoise Pinecones like these by rolling some pinecones in turquoise paint on a paper plate. Easy to make and they pack a magical punch!
- Hand Painted Wood Slice Ornaments are the perfect addition to your boho Christmas tree! These are gorgeously painted, and the maker has several available from her shop on Etsy. Shop small, y’all!
- Add a few Brass Bells around the house instead of jingle bells. You’ll get the same lovely sounds with an original look.
- Arrowhead Ornaments are a fun alternative to Christmas baubles on the tree! Add a few colorful garlands, and you’ll have a magical boho Christmas tree! Maybe even go for a wild color artificial tree too.
- Hanging a Pom Pom Ball Wreath on your door is a jolly way to welcome guests to your home!
- Follow this simple DIY to make a Mexican Blanket Christmas Tree Skirt for your Christmas tree! It’ll complete your whole boho Christmas tree!
- Handmade embroidered ornaments like this Embroidered Chicken one will give your tree some personalized love.
- If you’re wanting some lovely holiday lighting, these Paper Lanterns are perfect. They’ll give you that romantic outdoor look you’re going for, but you won’t have to be in a galloping tent in Marfa to appreciate them!
- These instructions for how to make Gods-Eye Ornaments will let you make your own boho Christmas decorations and ornaments!